Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Post #1 Why I read

I read because books allow me to escape the reality of the world and go into an alternate universe where I can freely explore and imagine any possibility I want. Also with non-fiction books they allow you to gain the knowledge and wisdom of previous generations and learn from their mistakes or triumphs. It is also good for your mind to read every once in a while so you stay fresh and active mentally and it allows you to keep up with current events so you're more aware of the world around you. My favorite books are the Lord of the Rings series because they have vivid imagery and wistful tales of adventure in them. They also let me escape into another world where practically anything is possible. When I was younger I pretty much read exclusively baseball books. I had a Ted Williams book, a Roberto Clemente book, a Sandy Koufax book, a Pete Rose book (even though I despise Pete Rose), and countless historical books detailing every chapter of baseball. I was also addicted to statistics back then, so if you named a player I could whip out a ton of stats on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment